Although server and storage virtualization have brought incredible benefits to the modern data center, the next big step is network virtualization. Today’s data centers are ready for an improved networking model – NSX delivers it.
NSX is being leveraged by organizations across just about every industry to build more secure, automated data center environments. With NSX, network functions like switching, routing, and firewalling are embedded directly into the hypervisor. This enables levels of security, agility, and data center economics that were previously unreachable with physical networks.
Watch a Quick NSX Summary Video Below:
How are Organizations Benefitting from Network Virtualization?
- NSX reduces the time it takes to provision custom, multi-tier network topologies and enterprise class security services from weeks to seconds.
- NSX reduces both OPEX and CAPEX. Automation eliminates manual configuration from the network provisioning process and simplifies network hardware requirements.
- The NSX network virtualization platform operates on any hypervisor, any network hardware and integrates with any cloud management platform.
- Similar to a virtual machine for compute, a virtualized network is a fully functional network in a software container, provisioned independent of underlying hardware or topology.
- NSX delivers a new model for network security. Security profiles are distributed to and enforced by virtual ports and move with VMs.
Scale & Performance
- NSX is deployed in production today by several of the largest service providers, global financials and enterprise data centers in the world.
Check out our recent blog posts covering VMware NSX
- Maximizing your NSX investments with VMware vRealize Network Insight (vRNI)
- Getting to the Cloud Faster and More Securely with VMware NSX
- Greater IT Security Through Network Virtualization: Why VMware NSX should be a part of your Security Solution
- Cisco ACI and VMware NSX: How they can Coexist
We’re Your VMware Expert
At Clearpath, we invest significantly into our VMware partnership. It enables us to help our customers leverage network virtualization to reduce the risk of data breaches, do more with less, and deliver IT services faster.
Clearpath Solutions Group is a cloud and IT infrastructure solutions provider that specializes in the architecture, implementation, and support of enterprise IT environments, including public, private, and hybrid clouds. We help you store, protect, and manage your organization’s most valuable asset—information—while increasing efficiency and decreasing the cost of doing business, whether in the cloud, in your data center, or in one of ours.
Our background in data center and virtualization technology and partnerships with clear industry leaders such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Cisco, VMware, and EMC allows us to take a holistic approach to your enterprise technology needs.